CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Our Favorite Game

I made this color game a few weeks ago and my class loves it! I call it "Color Sorting". It is so simple to make and everyone wants to play with it. The base is .an old carton from our crayon box.


I cut out colored paper and glued it to the bottom.


Next a gathered all the different colored bottle caps I could find.



And I let the children sort!


As the year progresses I will change out the paper in the bottom. First I will have an all white background with just the words of the colors (red, blue, orange, etc.). Next, I will swap it out for the Spanish version. Simple, cheap and lots of fun! What more could you ask for???

6 comments:

  1. What words will you add later in the year? I like this idea and am going to begin gathering bottle tops.
    Thnaks for sharing.
    -r

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add the spanish words later then by the end of the year there won't be any colored rectangles, just the words of the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm going to try this with my son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect timing! I just blogged about using bottle caps and now you have given me another idea for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the greatest, most creative teacher that I have EVER known! I wish I could still be there to see all of the fun stuff you are doing now!!!

    ReplyDelete