CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What is up with all the chaos?

Maybe I looked at the calendar wrong, maybe this is "T" week and my class is suppose to be "T"rying me. I'm not sure but something is "T"erribly wrong in my classroom. The discipline is GONE in my classroom today and I must (repeat MUST) get it back. Sure, we have thunderstorms rolling in and every pre-k teacher knows that their class will be a little wilder and louder when the weather changes. I'm use to that, I can handle that. But I can't handle today. I must restore order. I must be alpha-dog once again. I must be in charge. Oh heck, I must be the teacher! To be honest I am just having a difficult time understanding WHY I could not get control today. Okay, I did have control some of the time, but for the most part I felt as though nothing was coming out of my mouth or when I did NO ONE was listening. Of course I walked in the door and poured my troubles out to my sweet "retired" husband. He listened patiently, gave me a hug and then said, "well, what 'cha gonna do about it?" (gosh, I love that southern man!) Hmmmmm. . . . . let's see . . . . . . throw in the towel?? Heck no, that's not me! Hmmmm . . . . . get mean and show everyone I MEAN BUSINESS?? Nope, not me either! Well . . . . what??? Finally, it came to me . . . if you can't beat them - then out do them! YEP, that will work! If I start showing fear then I'm in trouble. So tomorrow I will pull out ALL the stops. FUN, FUN, FUN, BUSY, BUSY, BUSY - no time for misbehaving! Got to run. Time to put the finally touches on a WILD and WACKY WEDNESDAY! Stay tuned!

1 comment: