CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 19, 2012

Let's Talk Turkey (and Pilgrims & Indians)!

I know it is only a few days until Thanksgiving but, I just had to share some of the cutest turkeys EVER!  I mean come on . . . LOOK AT THESE!

I'm starting with my new favorite.  I have jumped on the burlap bandwagon (heck, my husband thinks I am leading the parade!) so when our newest teacher at the ELC, Emily Haynes, told me about this, I knew I had to try it!  Her mom, Laura Sutter, made them at her school in Georgia.  Thanks Emily and Laura!!!!
These were a perfect way to work on our fine motor skills and everyone loved picking out their own "Indian" beads.  I love this!!!  Do you think my 25 year old son will let me make one with his hand print?????

Next up is our "fun feather" turkey.

I have the prettiest leaves in my yard and I pressed them overnight using newspaper and books.  I would have let the children pick up leaves at the school but the weather has not cooperated.  They were very happy just picking out their leaves from the pile.

This next little fellow just can't be beat!  We used a toilet paper roll for his body and 1/2 of one for his head. We traced the child's hand onto a sheet of cardstock (to make it sturdier).  The children used dot paint to decorate their hands.  It made for perfect turkey feathers.  The feet are my favorite part.  We used cereal boxes and let the children paint them.  Everyone got to mix some yellow and orange paint to make "their perfect feet color".  FUN!


Last but not least we made our Pilgrim and Indian.

This year we changed it up a little.  We let the children use actual beads to make the necklace.  After the beads were on the necklace I cheated a little and use some hot glue to attached them to our Indian.  Oh, and I know the Pilgrims did not have button, but we added them just for fun!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are always looking for new an innovative activities to share with the kids for holidays. These are some terrific ideas. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete